I do not think we should build our networks for the "sole purpose of
suckering, err, selling to someone else".  I do believe that I want
anything I build to have value in the event I do sell. That is not
"suckering" anyone. Why not build something that holds value or
appreciates in value? I know a future plan for WISPs to build WiMax
networks in 3.65 would result in better networks, better valuations
for WISPs and better economies of scale.

Leaning on 802.11 further is just not the plan we should be using for
new bands and new opportunities like we have in 3650. We have a chance
to build something greater than we have now. WiMax is what the rest of
the world is already using in the 3.4 thru 3.8 GHz band. Do any of you
think it is smarter for us to abandon the global scale afforded to us
if we adopt WiMax in 3.65? I am surprised more of you are not speaking
up and saying you agree with this philosophy. Dividing the camp on
this will not help us as an industry.

I would like to see this group, for once, accept that we need to do
something together, as a group, for the common good. I think this is
that opportunity. I see little reason for us to take any other course
of action in 3.65 GHz. WISPs need to do something as a group to help
our industry. WiMax in 3.65 is that logical step for us to work
together and reach some scale and some value.

This is not about "suckering" anyone or being "stuck in a rut". This
is a chance for us to move to the next level. It is almost
embarrassing to me that we are actually behind the rest of the world
here in the US when it comes to this band. WiMax is a serious platform
with many advantages over anything else we have built and used. The
light licensed opportunities in 3.65 are an incredible experiment that
we need to show success in. If we choose WiMax and adopt this as the
platform for 3.65 I believe we will advance our entire industry to a
higher level of funding opportunities, operational reliability, more
service offerings, etc.
Scriv