What type of battery's are you using?  That price sounds very high.

4x T-105 will provide 225Ah at 24V for a cost of about $500

Chuck McCoy's - 3 wrote:
I would use a 100 watt panel minimum.
And a one month battery.  5watts * 24hours * 30 days = 3600 watt hour
battery
If you are running a 24 volt system then you need 3600/24=150 aH battery.
If you are running a 12 volt system, you need a 300 aH battery.

You will pay about 30 cents per watt hour for a battery.  So $1080 for the
battery.
You will pay about $5/watt for the panel, so $500 for the panel.
Charge controllers are about $100 or less.

If you build it this way it will always work.  You can put in half the
battery for half the price.  But then you have only two weeks of insurance
against bad weather.

Never ever go below 10X the load for the panel, that will just barely cut it
in the sunniest of climates.
Even then you will probably have to put in a back up generator and you will
be cycling the crap out of your batts causing them to only last a couple of
years.

If you want 99.999% reliability you have to use a panel 24X the size of the
load (unless you have a tracking mount, then you can reduce that).
I try to always use 20X panels and no less than a 2 week battery.  But even
then, a week or two of snow on the panels and gray skies every day can cause
an outage.