I think we will eventually see people just leave constant streams open day
and night. How many of you leave your TV on much of the time whether you are
watching it or not? This throws off the over-subscription model which
relates to how many people are using the service at one time. When we start
seeing all channels available at all times via Internet with some common
interface (Netflix, Tivo, Windows Media Player, Real Player, Quicktime,
etc.) then we will have this problem to contend with as well.

I hope content providers start making all of their content interactive such
that viewers have to click something (like ads) from time to time to
maintain the free TV service. This would help them to sell their ads at a
premium and would provide an automatic "off" button for the stream when
people walk away from the "TV" and do not click something once in a while to
prove they are watching the content and commercials.
Scriv