inline

Mike Hammett wrote:
I'm not saying anything about you personally, John.

However, situations like this are why a lot of people don't take WISPs
seriously.  Everybody here should be doing BGP, or at the very least know
what it is, how it works, and how large of an impact it has on the whole
Internet.  There were a few responses to this statement indicating that
people don't know how this system works or how to get current information on
the issue (NANOG, etc.).

There were only a few responses, but I bet you there are dozens or hundreds
of lurkers that don't know either.

You can't run your operation effectively if you don't (or have people to)
know everything from RF propagation, local demographics, routing, government
policy, etc.

While I'm in a better position now, I started with 1 credit card and one idea.  I knew nothing but wore all the hats.
It's just not possible to do everything.  Not the way many wisps were started.

Do I miss the days of choosing between buying groceries and paying for my bandwidth?
No.  But I run an effective operation and don't know everything.

Brian
-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions