From: "Brian Webster" <bwebs...@wirelessmapping.com>
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 9:44 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] 100 meg full duplex backhaul

The 5.8 GHz backup links will help you deal with outages due to
environmental conditions such as rain fade. That has to be factored in for
links when you operate above 10 GHz. Even if you run a loop configuration
you could have a fade condition that could block out a whole tower site
severing your links to that location in both directions of your loop.
Another path at a lower frequency with spatial diversity from your primary
link (different mounting heights) would at least keep that site up though
maybe not at full speed.

Thank You,
Brian Webster