  From: Travis Johnson
  To: WISPA General List
  Sent: Friday, May 22, 2009 6:04 PM
  Subject: Re: [WISPA] Quesiton on Funding / Financing / Capital Availability

  The banks can sell a car with little effort. They already have relationships
with dealers and auctions. And often, if the consumer's credit is questionable,
the dealer will guarantee to take the car back if the loan defaults.

  Who is going to buy a $10,000 radio that has been repo'd? Even for $5k, I
wouldn't touch it. I'd buy a new radio with warranty, that I know is good and
hasn't been fried or broken.

  The banks will never loan on the equipment alone. There is no security
there... but again, why do you need a bank loan for equipment when you can just
lease it and get the same results? Up to 60 months with $1 buyout is the same
as a 5 year bank loan. What's the difference?

  Travis
  Microserv

  Tom DeReggi wrote:
Maybe when talking about CPE.

But what about when one is talking about a $10,000 Part101 radio?

Just like a car, all that the lender should need is to "hold the title" of
the radio until paid off, and get a down payment of $2000 to cover the cost
of tower climber/repo man, and a signed letter of authorization from lanlord
stating the location of the tower gear is installed on and they acknowledge
that the gear is not abandoned equipment. (So it does not automatically
become property of landlord in 4 months, and teh landlord knows the
equipment owner has first rights to the gear).

Think about it... Wouldn't repo costs be reduced when the repo man knows
exactly where to find the radio? A car can easilly be relocated and
hard-to-find, when the owner skips town.
Plus the home likely has an owner with a shot gun or a big dog, which the
tower/MTU likely does not.  The MTU building might even have a security
guard to escort teh lender safely to the roof :-)

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband