  From: Travis Johnson
  To: WISPA General List
  Sent: Sunday, May 24, 2009 11:01 PM
  Subject: Re: [WISPA] Quesiton on Funding / Financing / Capital Availability

  Marlon,

  If you think the WISP business is similar to a doctor or dentist or plumber,
you are very mistaken. The best advice I have ever heard actually came from the
son of a very wealthy doctor in our area. He sold his son "find something that
isn't trading your time for money". I heard that about 10 years ago in a
meeting, and it has stuck with me forever.

  A doctor or dentist or plumber all trade their time for money. They bill per
hour (even if it's $5,000 per hour) or per job, but they are still trading
their time for money. The WISP business is nothing like this. It's actually a
very unique business compared to anything else out there. It has recurring
monthly income, yet the expenses are pretty much fixed. Other recurring income
businesses that are similar would be insurance... however, their expenses vary
from month to month depending on number of claims, size of claims, etc. Right
now, if I stopped all my growth, my expenses would be exactly the same from
month to month... and the income would remain the same as well.

  Travis
  Microserv