Nice!  Gotta love the new gear and nice clean air :-).

I remember when I was soooo happy to just get 6 miles in a snow storm!

marlon

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Travis Johnson
  To: WISPA General List
  Sent: Friday, July 31, 2009 8:25 AM
  Subject: Re: [WISPA] 5.8 Distance

  We have 29 mile ptmp links that will deliver 6Mbps x 3Mbps without a problem.

  Travis
  Microserv

  Marlon K. Schafer wrote:
17dB 120* sector?  That's wayyyyy too high of a gain.  The vertical on that
can't be much more than what, 4 or 5*?

When the noise is low I can pull 2+ megs at 18 miles.  Easy.  With LESS than
legal power on each end.  2.4 gig.

I don't know at 5.8.  My longest is probably an lavation 90* sector.  I've
not measured it, but it's near 12 or 15 miles, ptmp.  Customer pulled nearly
3 megs by 2 megs.  Very close to the theoretical max for the hardware used.

laters,
 marlon