From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Eje Gustafsson
Sent: Saturday, August 01, 2009 2:30 PM
To: 'WISPA General List'
Subject: Re: [WISPA] TP--UPS-DC-12-9

I do not believe the new boards does this do they? The RB230's and I think
as well the RB532 could/would over SNMP report power levels and temps maybe
the newer boards can't report temp but can report power over SNMP.

If I didn't understand Scott incorrectly the power supplied out from the
controller is stabilized so you will either work or your dead. So to use DC
voltage report you would need a separate board feeding directly of the
battery and as power on the battery start to drain your NMS would have to
trigger on a low voltage problem.

There is another issue here.. That is that the UPS battery is 12V and most
RB dies or fail when the power goes under 11V. So the window of opportunity
would be very small. Or am I missing something here?

/ Eje