From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of sa...@michianawireless.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 6:03 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Mikrotik Redirect

Well. We kinda do this now. When a customer get to far out. We manually
add a rule to the router at the tower site he is connected to that
redirects all his port 80 traffic to a webpage that says basically, "You
didn't pay you bill for a long time and you need to contact us and make a
payment to before your web surfing will be available again." Email still
works, etc...

We will still do that. But what I am trying to accomplish is to have my
billing system log into the client as soon as is hits 31+ in the billing
system and set a rule on the router board that will now occasionally
interrupt the clients web browsing by redirecting them to a page letting
them know they are now 31+ past due and offer them the chance to pay now.
If they chose to not pay now, they can just continue with what they were
doing. This way they are always in the "know" that they are behind and are
presented with a way to cure that immediately. Again since the client is
not way behind I just want the surfing to be redirect occasionally.

Next step would be after this is gone on and they hit 40 days the next
script would be ran where it redirects all there web traffic indefinitely
to the pay your bill page until paid.

I hope that explains it better.

Thanks,
John