From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of St. Louis Broadband
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 12:11 AM
To: 'WISPA General List'
Subject: [WISPA] OT - Text Messages

I am reviewing my AT&T wireless bill.  I have myself, my mother and my
daughter on a family plan.

My mother received 8 text messages, which I am sure she does not know that
she has.
I received 297 text messages.  Some of those were forwards from another
email account.

However, my 18 year old daughter received 30,500 text messages!

How can this be?  How can they type on a qwerty board, or actual phone
keypad faster than I on a laptop/computer?

She has a facebook account, a twitter, and many other accounts/tech that I
am not familiar with.
Is this a sign of the times or of my age?

I started in the Internet industry in 1993.  I remember my first AOL annual
bill totaling over $5k and this was for 28.8 kbps.
That is when I figured that this industry was going to be profitable...darn
me for daring to going into fixed wireless.

Just had to rant...30,500 txt msgs...omg!

Victoria

----