Thanks Dave, I will let her know...lol!

I am sure that they are going to raise my "unlimited text messages"...I
would!

From: David E. Smith [mailto:d...@mvn.net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 8:46 AM
To: li...@stlbroadband.com; WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] OT - Text Messages

On Mon, September 28, 2009 11:11 pm, St. Louis Broadband wrote:

> However, my 18 year old daughter received 30,500 text messages!

She needs to train harder or she'll never get that record.

"Two central Pennsylvania friends spent most of March in a text-messaging
record attempt, exchanging a thumbs-flying total of 217,000.

For one of the two, that meant an inches-thick itemized bill for $26,000."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/22/texting-record-attempt-re_n_190307.
html

> How can this be?  How can they type on a qwerty board, or actual phone
> keypad faster than I on a laptop/computer?

As others have said, if she uses Twitter and has configured her account to
send updates directly to her phone, that's potentially hundreds of
incoming messages a day all by itself. Your daughter's receiving "only" a
thousand messages a day; I'm not sure if you could realistically read and
respond to all of them, but receiving that many isn't much of a stretch at
all.

David Smith
MVN.net