Let me ask you this though...

Would you rather

1) Buy $5,000 worth of Canopy equipment per month at 25 installs per
month (new $1,250 in revenue at $50/mth)

- Or -

2) Obtain a lease at $3,000 per month for 100 installs per month ($5,000
in revenue at $50/mth).  Essentially, you are putting $2k in the bank
after paying $3k on the lease for 12 months then $5,000 per month after
that.

Take this as being done over 2 years.

Option 1 has 600 customers paying $50 per month at $30k per month and is
debt free.  After two years, if you were to attempt to value your
company at $500-600 per sub, your company is worth 360k.

Option 2 has 2400 customers paying $50 per month at $120k per month and
is in debt (based on a rotating amortization schedule) in debt only
$110k (doing it in my head, it's approximate).  After two years, if you
were to attempt to value your company at $500-600 per sub, your company
is worth $1.2 Million with a debt of $110k net $1.1 Million.

These are based on $50 per month averages, some of you are more, some of
you are less.  I learned this lesson from a friend of mine who told me
the local cable co. is leasing every piece of equipment that goes to a
customer.  That way they are never operating on negative cashflow while
maximizing available customers.  Before I started leasing, I was Option
1.  After leasing, our available cash has increased greatly offering
many company benefits, like increasing our footprint, new vehicles, etc.
We pay for about half our monthly equipment by leasing.

Regards,
Chuck Hogg
Shelby Broadband
502-722-9292