Yes, they do understand it.   You're not understanding the point.    The
telcos have big bucks to lobby with, and benefit the regulators.   We do
not.    Thus, we will NEVER be on their "list".    We cannot get onto the
top of the rolodex until we have millions with which to lobby, and can
legally bribe a bunch of government agencies.

There is no benefit to offering them data, free labor, etc.    The mandates
will get larger, deeper, more and more costly, and the benefits promised by
certain individuals will never EVER happen.   And, should it ever reach the
point we actually pinch the telcos or cablecos enough for them to get
concerned, they will call in the favors and have us obliterated.   Welcome
to the new generation of thug politics in DC.   Just look what's happening
to broadcast industry, the insurance industry, etc.    "You exist to benefit
our political aspirations.  The moment you fail in that regard, you will be
shredded, beaten, whipped, ruined, bankrupted and criminalized".   Either
you're a political ally, or you're toast.

This administration has removed all semblances of public service and has
officially made it federal policy to conduct political wars upon the people,
businesses, enterprises, and even the states, if there is any political
benefit to doing so.   It is federal malevolence at the highest level ever
seen before in this country.   And it's getting worse by massive leaps and
bounds.   Even appointees to the FCC have made this clear, in demonstrating
they believe in the direction and control of media and industry for the
benefit of the political class.

I argued years ago that surrendering our sovereignty to the feds was a
recipe for industry disaster.   So far, I've been called stupid, extreme,
radical, idiotic, mindless, and a kook for thinking so.   Trying being a
health insurance company, doctor, investor, banker or any one of a number of
recently demonized groups.    The White House has decided it can control
your prices, wages, services, products, and policies, if ANY public money
passes to you or even if you just happen to be in an industry that gets
political attention.   Even if it just means a bailed out company did
business with you.   Or, your service is considered "important" or
"essential".

They haven't gotten around to us yet, but we're in the crosshairs.   After
all, we're in business to make a profit,  and anyone making a profit needs
to be slapped down and destroyed.    We should have stood for our
independence, instead of lusting after public money, but no, principle is
foolish, and money is all that matters, I was told.   Well, you got what you
wanted.   And I'm still around to say "I told you so".   The pursuit of
favors, public money, loans, grants...  That was just too enticing, wasn't
it?   The country's going to hell in a handbasket financially, because
everyone's holding their hand out waiting for someone else's money to flow
their way, courtesy of politicians.    And lots of the leadership of WISPA
was arguing and holding out the promise of "getting someone else's money"
for the industry.

Well, ALL of you, and ALL of the same greedy mentalities all through our
industry and nation have set the situation up that it's all come home to
roost, and the taxpayers are... well, paying for it.   Unemployment, ruined
retirements, bankruptcy, and so on.

You should have stood on principle, not on greed.    Best never invite me to
an "industry gathering" or I'll tell you what I really think.   It would not
be pretty.

I haven't read this list in months, been busy.   But nothing has changed.
We've still got WISPA leadership promoting the lusting after public money.
Damn you for your immorality.    The consequences are all around us, the
people have suffered greatly because of that kind of thinking...  And you're
STILL DOING IT???

I don't want to hear "they're going to give it anyway, might as well get
your share".   Hell no.    We should put our country first, and the lust for
easy "someone else's money" given the boot.    But we've been sold out to
the FCC by former leadership urging the FCC to regulate and mandate stuff on
our part for them.   In return, of course, for vague hints something might
"come our way".

Shame on every one of you who took, is trying to get, or even thinking of
trying to get your hands on someone else's money.    It wasn't just a
political matter after all.  It was moral, too.   And look at the
consequences it wrought.

Ok, enough. I'm angry now and starting to get worked up.