FWIW, I have had oustanding results with 10mhz channels for voice
traffic.   We are currently moving all of our old 802.11b APs to 10mhz
channel ofdm, and the results are great.   2x bandwidth capacity, lower
latency and the ability to put up more sectors if needed.   Also, VOIP
works much better than it did on the 802.11b stuff, which just barely
worked even if the AP was lightly loaded.

Matt Larsen
vistabeam.com