Unless the Federal Government gives AT&T a blank check and ORDERS them
to this, it is NOT ever going to happen. I have seen copies of Project
Pronto documents that said the San Francisco Bay Area was supposed to
have fiber to the home 10 years ago. Yes, there were a few strands
installed, but nowhere near what what promised to get what they wanted
from the lawmakers. We just tried to get an ADSL circuit installed in
Concord CA, and it took a month, and at least 5 different tech site visits.

John