From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Marco Coelho
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 1:07 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: [WISPA] Google to build ultra-fast broadband networks

Google to build ultra-fast broadband networks

WASHINGTON - Google plans to build experimental, ultra-fast Internet
networks in a handful of communities around the country.

The search company said Wednesday that its fiber-optic broadband
networks will deliver speeds of 1 gigabit per second to as many as
500,000 Americans. Google Inc. says those systems will be more than
100 times faster than the networks that most Americans have access to
today.

In a blog post, the company said the networks will let consumers
download a high-definition, full-length feature film in less than five
minutes and allow rural health clinics to send 3-D medical images over
the Web.

Google says it will seek input from communities that might be
interested in getting one of the testbed networks.

****end of article

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100210/ap_on_hi_te/us_tec_google_broadband_netw
ork

sounds very dot commy to me:
Best price on a 1G pipe is about 1K-5K within a NOC.  I wonder how you
make money giving it away?

--
Marco C. Coelho
Argon Technologies Inc.