I am not sure where you get your assumptions but they are not correct. Every
television channel has available 6 MHz of bandwidth and can be modulated
with the same amount of data regardless of where the channel resides in the
VHF or UHF frequency bands. The limiting factor for these lowest VHF
channels is the overall higher noise level which is certainly an issue but
not a deal killer for us. I am guessing that our use of the lowest VHF
channels would require more forward error correction to provide high quality
service. In my opinion this is a minor annoyance to be able to have coverage
to 100% of my potential customer base.
John Scrivner