From: "RickG" <rgunder...@gmail.com>
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 24, 2010 11:28 AM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Today I fied a customer and I liked it! WAS An Old
Woman

I imagine most of us on this list has been there, done that! If your
new to this business or even business in general you must learn how to
stand up for your business. With the first WISP I owned in West Palm,
I would do anything to get a customer into billing. I knew better from
my past experience running ISP's that was bad but I did it anyway. As
fate would have it, that did not work out so well. When I bought the
current WISP, I swore not to make the same mistakes again. Funny thing
was, the previous owner was doing the same thing! So, it didnt take
long and one of my guys had an issue with an unreasonable customer. We
took a lighting hit at a repeater and he complained we should give him
a free month. After a bit of research, I found out this guy has always
been a complainer. So,  told him, "sorry we cant meet his
expectations" and asked when we can pick up his equipment. -SILENCE!
Then, uh, uh, you dont have to do that. I'm sorry I've been a pain.
LOL, what a feeling when tables are reversed. Now, I would never hold
anything over a person and I treat everyone the same, but it really
comes down to expectations. I did sales for a short time in a previous
life. Finding out the customers expectations and making sure you can
meet them is key to a good relationship. At any rate, after reviewing
the subsequent posts, it is nice that we can all share things with
others here that can identify with our experiences. Thanks to all here
for being a ear to vent to, a source for understanding, and a resource
of ideas!