Not so fast... Sure, if the other party wont let you out of a contract, the
ethical thing to do is honor it.
BUT... its not unethical for the two parties involved to mutually agree to
change an agreement for mutual benefit. Most contracts specifically allow
that.
There are many reasons a party might want to let the other party out of a
contract term or renegotiate it.

A vendor does not benefit if a Buyer goes out of business.
A Vendor does not benefit if a Buyer is locked in for another year at a high
rate, if that rate forces the buyer to signup with another provider at a
lower rate for the rest of enternity.
Its called "customer retention".  When the market changes sometime contracts
need to adapt with the new market conditions.
One must also ask what it might cost to inforce a contract, and sometimes
taht is more than the revenue that would be discounted by keeping the
custoemr happy and retained long term and paying on time.

I'm not going to mention any names, but at ISPCON, someone I considered a
mentor spoke at a session, and what he learned was.... So what if there is a
contract... Hold out, and convince your vendors why they should work with
you on price. While under contract, he was able to get most vendors to lower
prices, for mutual benefit.

Admittedly, ATT is not like a company that would easily budge on contract
terms, expecially in an underserved area where they are a near monopoly, but
it doesn't mean that they wont.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband