1) Put the side up that's in town first and guestimate to the best of your ability (if new frequency), align to another radio on tower if already have similar freq.
2) Install remote and align to first radio
3) Back in town do final alignment of first radio.

Famous phone conversation with office: Left left left, ok back right --- there lock it down, now vertical up, up, up, ok down, down, up, perfect lock it in. Then don't bump it while tightening or you'll get back to the office and check it again and go DOH!

Forbes