I have a Dragonwave link that was performing about 35-40db lower than
the link budget says it should.  I sent tower climbers up to repeak the
link and found they did have it on aligned on a horizontal side lobe.
After re-peaking it got better, but is now about 15-20db lower than the
link budget.  It is running about a -52 and the budget calls for a -34.
They did peak the vertical axis, but is it possible that even though
both antennas were mounted plum, that they are aligned on a vertical
side lobe.  Like I said, they did say they peaked the vertical, but I
don't know if they did a proper sweep on the vertical because it is not
a quick to do as on the horizontal.  They are both plum, but the
antennas have about 300ft of vertical separation at 5 miles.  Would
difference in height put them in into a vertical side lobe?  I am asking
because the 30in antenna's had come slightly damaged, but it appeared to
just be where the raydom attached to the dish.  Dragonwave did not think
this would cause an issue.  I just need to know if I need to pay for 2
more tower climbs to re-peak the vertical, or take down the dishes to
return them.  Thank you in advance for any advice that can be given
here.  By the way, it is our first licensed link, so it is my first
experience with anything above 5ghz.

Bill Gaylord, President
COLI Inc.