From: "Scottie Arnett" <sarn...@info-ed.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2010 12:35 AM
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Backend systems

I am way behind on this thread....But I can say I ran Windows servers from

1999 - 2008 for almost everything. I have moved everything to Linux in the

last 2 years because of the problems I have had with Window's servers. The

only system I still have running Windows is our billing server, and that is

only because I have not taken the steps to go to a different billing
system.
I can say that I had at least 2 to 3(most of the time way more)
notifications of Windows servers hosting web or mail BEING DOWN EVERY
MONTH!
Since I started hosting the websites and mail server on Linux in the last
two years, I have never had a cell phone alert that anything is down! I
have
became a follower. I was one of those believers that though M$ was the
$hit,
wrong answer! The internet world was created on Unix and every server you
have on the net should be Unix or a Linux variant!

Scott