Ok, lets get this in perspective.   I am one, uno, sole, lone person.  While
I believe I am right, I am NOT interested in saying I have a right to impose
my views on all this stuff on all the other members of WISPA.   Two years
ago, I asked, prodded, and then nagged, to see if WISPA would voluntarily
attempt to get some kind of consensus or perhaps at least write a standard
of principles when it comes to the business philosophy.  I was booed down.

Like it or not, the semi-political aspects of business, being forced on us
by an intrusive government, have to be dealt with.  Do you as members
believe you have a RIGHT to be in business?  Without needing a license from
some authority?  Do you actually believe in free and unencumbered
enterprise?  Or does consensus fall elsewhere philosophically?

What are the guiding principles that drive WISPA's policy stands?  Is it
just advantage for ourselves, however or wherever it can be found, including
trying to get public money with strings that further tie our industry, or do
you shoot for freedom first?  If it's not the latter, then me joining will
not change the philosophy of WISPA and it's advocacy, and I see it's efforts
as ultimately being negative, not positive for my life and future -
translated as "no money from me".

Previous conversations on this list lead to a realization that some people
are afraid to advocate a philosophy that runs counter to whatever ideology
the regulators hold - as if being "yes men" will curry favor and therefore
crumbs will fall in greater quantity from the master's table in DC.  But if
you had a clear philosophy up front, I think you could attract far more
allies, the kind that stick with you, and help change the conversation.
You keep asking for people to  to set up and WORK for what you want, but
continue to refuse to say what it is you intend to work for.

I again ask for the leadership to demonstrate leadership and make a clear
and unambiguous philosophical stand - and if I can agree with it, then I
will support with time and dollars and energy.   But until I know it's
something I can back with a clear conscience, I (and others, as well) remain
on the sidelines.

Neofast, Inc, Making internet easy
541-969-8200  509-386-4589