Alternatively, run your equipment on DC from an Iota DLS charger, which is
constantly trickle charging some batteries. When the power goes out, it
will run a lot longer because you're not converting (like a UPS) from DC
coming out of your batteries to AC  and then converting from AC back to DC
again in a POE to power the radio.

Just use DC to DC converters to get the different DC voltages you need to
run your various equipment.

Plug your generator into the Iota charger to power it. I bet you'll get
clean DC out of it. Especially if a battery is plugged in, which I think
will help smooth out the DC current. I haven't tested it, but we're using
DC everywhere. Just don't have to use a generator since the battery backup
lasts so long.

I recently had a tower with 6 radios on it, which had two deep cycle marine
batteries from walmart. Someone somehow left the breaker off after working
on the site. It ran for 3 days directly off the batteries before going
down. We now have to monitor each the site is being fed by AC or not.
Haven't got around to that yet. Maybe some mFi will help with this. Except
the single port mFi doesn't have ethernet.

Cheers!
Roger
G5 Internet, LLC