They may claim it,(UBNT) but, as far as I can tell it doesn't work on an open network.  Haven't tried on an encrypted network.

3.1.3 software. All were on same ESSID, but different channels. Chose channels to minimize interference.  Users work just fine as long as they can only see one AP.  When they can see more than one some users seem to jump back and forth.  Some will grab one AP in a death grip and keep it to -88.  Some just freeze for a min or two.

This is a public area, fairground, and as best I can tell, users just can't roam reliably.

Of course, LOTS of noise!  I remember reading something once about being able to shut down 'rogue AP's', i.e. AP's that don't belong to the fairground, but I can't remember who that was.  Maybe that would cut the noise.