From: "Jaime Fink" <ja...@mimosa.co>
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 5, 2014 1:38:12 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Mimosa Networks New product released

Mike,

Definitely wanted to clarify on your question/comment on colocation capacities
for the group.

For the B5 backhaul PTP technology, colocation is in separate directional
paths, so 4 of the B5s can be colocated sharing the same channels, but must be
directionally coordinated, this leverages integrated 1PPS GPS+GLONASS TDMA
sync.

As Fred pointed out nicely, the B5 has a fantastic aperture efficiency
integrated antenna that is about as clean as there is out there, and the RF
isolation techniques needed to get us to that performance.

No magic pixie dust, just great technology.

Looking to the future, for sharing the same antenna pattern/path, I absolutely
see these capacities, but that will more be leveraged for PTMP beamforming and
MU-MIMO technology shared across multiple clients. We’re on public record about
the work that we’re doing with our partner Quantenna on their next generation
technology they’ve announced for 2015 called 10G Wi-Fi. You can imagine the
amount of compute that takes, bordering more on magic pixie dust!

Cheers!

Jaime Fink • Mimosa • Chief Product Officer
300 Orchard City Dr Ste 100 • Campbell • CA 95008 • www.mimosa.co
This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by
others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or
authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply
email and delete all copies of this message.

On Aug 5, 2014, at 9:29 AM, Mike Hammett < wispawirel...@ics-il.net > wrote:

>From a TechCrunch article:

The B5 backhaul radio is a piece of hardware that uses multiple-input and
multiple-output (MIMO) technology to provide up to 16 streams and 4 Gbps of
output when multiple radios are using the same channel.

Now I wonder if that is four radios on the same path? If so, that's pretty
amazing.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions