We pass it on and do nothing else. Unless we get a subpoena, we simply inform the customer we received the complaint, that the action is against our policy and that they should contact the complainant if they have any questions.

We can't prove or disprove the complaint and have no desire to get into a legal or moral discussion with a customer about what they're doing.