I understand that in order for an ISP to limit its liability regarding the
copyright infringements of its customers, it must comply with the Digital
Millennium Copyright Act, in particular its “notice and take down” and
“"counter notice and put back” procedures.

I believe these procedures are compliant:

===

a.       Analyze the notification to make sure it contains content that
complies with these provisions:

(i) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf
of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.

(ii) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or,
if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single
notification, a representative list of such works at that site.

(iii) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be
the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which
is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service
provider to locate the material.

(iv) Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to
contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if
available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be
contacted.

(v) A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of
the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright
owner, its agent, or the law.

(vi) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and
under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on
behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.

b.      If the notification substantially complies with clauses (ii), (iii),
and (iv) but not other clauses, reply to the notification requesting
clarification.

c.       Once the notification substantially complies with all clauses, disable
access to the infringing content (for example, by shutting down bittorrent on
the customer’s connection) and contact the customer to inform them of the
notification and that access to the content has been disabled.

d.      Inform the notifier that appropriate action has been taken and request
to be informed if the infringement recurs.

e.       If the customer confirms that they have removed the infringing
material from their system, and if requested, reenable bittorrent on their
connection.

===

Thanks,

Adam