The 16% fee may not be enough to cover the reporting costs. This is why I said depending on how the rules shake out, since this is all still up in the air as to what out of Title II would actually be applied to broadband. It is possible that we could get all of the reporting requirements and none of the funding. Or we could get funding for the reporting requirements, or we can get small business exemptions, or who knows what subset...

As far as fair treatment of traffic, while I agree with you on principal (and in practice currently), a big part of the problem is consumer education. If you want to be 100% transparent 99% of the consumers eyes are going to glaze over 5 minutes in and they will go somewhere simpler (like the folks that gloss over all the details). Some days it is difficult to explain the difference between speed and download, "I get 10 gigabytes with Verizon, why are you only doing 6 megabits?" Let alone the fact that the majority of customers don't have any handle on how much speed they need or download they will use so all of the transparency will be meaningless to them.

The other problem which was brought out largely by netflix (and other streaming video) is the over-subscription model changed drastically and with little warning, granted that was a couple years ago, and I think most ISPs have found ways to adapt, but for some it was a more costly adaptation than for others, not everyone gets sub $5/mbps pricing for bandwidth and not everyone can just hang more sectors at a minimal cost increase. In the last 10 years I have went from a 25 to 1 over-subscription down to 6 to 1 and my bottleneck has moved from my upstream to my final hop to the customer.

It is unrealistic to think you can manage with a 1-1 over-subscription model, and you will be leaving money on the table. The 'up to' is CYA terminology for ios release day and other large spikes in customer base traffic. It shouldn't be relied on for 6pm-10pm netflix viewing congestion other than normal growing pains while you upgrade equipment to handle the increased usage.