So here's what sparked the question. I was trying to get some
point-counterpoint going on with a friend of mine and found some pretty
good arguments on each. This article made me think about it all a little
differently:

http://www.netcompetition.org/congress/the-multi-billion-dollar-impact-of-fcc-title-ii-broadband-for-google-entire-internet-ecosystem

To Fred's point, the article mentions:
"That’s because of the way the law and the forbearance provision are
written; they apparently do not allow for any immaculate ruling where the
FCC somehow rules the service and carrier of Internet traffic are
regulated, but not the Internet traffic itself that is precisely what
defines the service and carrier."

Anyhow, not trying to beat a dead horse, but this got me questioning things
:) Have a great weekend y'all!

-drew