Ah the days of Covad, Northpoint, etc..   Racing to get high speed
internet to needy customers on VC dollars not knowing that behind their
backs a quick regulation change would make all that easy pickings for
the incumbents...   Those who do not learn from history are doomed to
repeat it..  Fred, please gaze into your magic ball of the past and give
us a clue to our future?  Are our collective necks starting to hover
over the ax block?