What would be your take if their AP uses the same SSID as yours.  Assuming
Ruckus etc can knock out only that type of AP

Scott M Piehn

From: Dennis Burgess
Sent: Tuesday, January 6, 2015 3:09 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Rogue Accesspoint Detection

While I understand your reasoning, I would disagree.   If you could do this,
for the security of a WISP, we will shut down all Access Points via Deauth
attack that my Access Points can see.  Also note, I am not talking for the FCC,
but for what I believe is right, in this case, you can’t own a location or area
of the wifi bands, therefore, you can’t cause harmful interference, and a
deauth attack would be harmful, and interference.

I  can agree that you can detect it and shut it off on a port on your network,
but you should not be able to interfere with other operations, regardless if it
is your property or not.  Maybe that’s not the intent from those actions, but
it’s clear that if it’s not on your network then you can’t do much about it.
Now, if they are on your property, sure you can tell them to turn it off or
leave, but that’s another issue. lol

Dennis Burgess, CTO, Link Technologies, Inc.

den...@linktechs.net – 314-735-0270 – www.linktechs.net