On 3/2/2017 1:43 PM, Chris Fabien wrote:
We have a couple of the ignite switches. They work fine. Web interface very clunky but works.

Thanks. That gives me some confidence.

On Mar 2, 2017 1:41 PM, "Fred Goldstein" <fgoldst...@ionary.com <mailto:fgoldst...@ionary.com>> wrote:

    On 3/2/2017 11:27 AM, Bryce Duchcherer wrote:

    IgniteNet has some 24-port sfp switches. Havent tried them, don’t
    know how good they are.

    That's at the top of my list right now. It does everything I want
    and it's dirt cheap. But I don't know if anybody has actually
    tried them, so until we start hearing reports, it's literally very
    promising. Probably worth trying, if I get a chance. At that price
    ($500 for 24 ports) you can't go wrong.

    Bryce D

    NETAGO

    *From:*wireless-boun...@wispa.org
    <mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org>
    [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org
    <mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org>] *On Behalf Of *Chris Fabien
    *Sent:* Thursday, March 2, 2017 9:24 AM
    *To:* WISPA General List <wireless@wispa.org>
    <mailto:wireless@wispa.org>
    *Subject:* Re: [WISPA] Active Ethernet switches

    There is a 10 SFP mikrotik switch...

    On Mar 2, 2017 11:22 AM, "Fred Goldstein" <f...@interisle.net
    <mailto:f...@interisle.net>> wrote:

        On 3/2/2017 10:54 AM, Dennis Burgess wrote:

CRS series. As well. Depending on how dense you want. 229 bucks gets you a pair of 10 gig ports and 24 copper. ?

        I'm not looking for copper, except maybe a couple ports for
        the local connection; I'm looking for lots of SFPs, something
        that could be useful for a rural FTTP build, dropped into a
        pedestal somewhere in the middle of noplace, to feed a
        cluster of nearby buildings. MikroTik isn't in that space
        yet; CRS seems to be lots of copper.

-- Fred R. Goldstein k1io fred "at"interisle.net <http://interisle.net>
      Interisle Consulting Group
      +1 617 795 2701 <tel:%28617%29%20795-2701>