From: Mark Radabaugh via Wireless <wireless@wispa.org>
Date: 7/12/19 8:52 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: Ken Hohhof via Members <memb...@wispa.org>, WISPA General List
<wireless@wispa.org>
Subject: [WISPA] Draft Items for August 1 FCC Meeting

There are two upcoming items on the FCC’s August 1st meeting on items that will
effect all WISP’s.    Please review the documents below.

Short summary:

477 Order - will revamp the 477 data collection process and information.
Personally this is a good thing.

RDOF - This is the next $20,400,000,000 (20.4 Billion Dollars) that will be
spend to overbuild your network if you are not currently providing 25/3 service
& phone.

WISPA has time to meet with the commissioners and discuss up to the 25th.   A
lot of effort has already gone into making sure that both of these are fair and
open to all providers, not just the Telco’s.   There is no way to stop the feds
from spending this money - it’s coming regardless of what we do.   Both
political parties, the administration, and the FCC all want to spend money on
rural broadband.

YOU HAVE TO DO YOUR PART to either position yourself to receive this funding,
or prevent your competitors from getting it and overbuilding you.

Mark

Mark Radabaugh
WISPA Policy Committee Chair
419-261-5996