Hi John,

I have a similar approach of automating the install of a our development
builds into the test environment.

To do this I rely on the msi minor upgrade process.   This requires the
following Properties change / stay the same between two revisions of the
MSI.

    UpgradeCode stays the same
    ProductCode stays the same
    PackageCode changes
    Version Changes

I would suggest you make the following changes - don't use * for the
product code so that it does not roll each revision and change your
versioning (I use a global build number in the third digit of the
version).

Then all you need to do is invoke the install as a reinstall - ie
MSIEXEC /I <msiname> REINSTALL=ALL REINSTALLMODE=VOMUS

Michael