On 10/11/2013 23:32, Carlos R. Mafra wrote:

> On Sat,  9 Nov 2013 at 23:43:35 +0100, Rodolfo García Peñas (kix) wrote:
>>

>> "Carlos R. Mafra" <crma...@gmail.com> escribió:

>>> don't

>>> yours?
>>>
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma
>>
>> Why?   Should I split the questions?
>>
>> Is yours or our?
>
> You are trying to create an artificial separation where there is none.
> Why do you want to exclude me from your "our"?

That is not true. I don't want to exclude you from the "our". This is
not a personal attack to you. As I said, you are doing a good work with
window maker. Is very difficult for me explain some things in english.

So, what is the problem? For me wmaker is a hobbie. I spent a lot of
time writting patches, thinking about new ideas. Sometimes I make
mistakes and you request me some changes in my patches, and that is
perfect. But, IMO, you cannot drop a patch only because you don't agree
with. I am not working for you, I am working for the wmaker project, for
the users. If you say what is accepted or not, without ask more people,
developers; If only you take the decission about what is included or
not, then wmaker is your project, and I won't contribute on it.

>>> Finally, what do you think about add more commiters to wmaker and
>>>
>>> A bad idea.
>>
>> Why?
>
> I believe there must be only one person with the final word, otherwise
> discussions and disagreements will generate tensions and they will
> have to be resolved by political means.

That is your point of view. If I sent patches and you drop them, it will
create tensions between us.

If you think that a patch shouldn't be included, you ask about it to the
developers, and they say that the patch is ok, you should include it,
but if the developers say "no", I can understand that I did a wrong patch.

> I try to listen to other people and I change my mind too. For example, my
> first reaction to the WINGs theming patch was that we don't need this.

Yes. After some mails.

And about this?
http://www.mail-archive.com/wmaker-dev@lists.windowmaker.org/msg03294.html

Why it should be a configure option or a DEBUG option? (I don't want the
reply). Other developer said that the patch is ok, and for me. But your
decission had more weight.

> But the patch makes the code a bit cleaner too, other people seemed
> to like the idea and there is no impact in the code. I still think it's
> not useful to change the look of the widgets, but I'm going to accept
> the patch nevertheless.
>
> See? That should have answered your question about whether I accept
> things that I don't "agree" or rather, that I don't like.
>
> But nothing seem to matter to you anymore, you already proposed to fork
> because you find unacceptable to have only one commiter (I wonder
> what you think about the linux kernel and its single commiter).

The problem is not that we have only one commiter. I don't want to be a
commiter, is a terrible work. The problem is that only you, take the
decissions about what can be uploaded or not. IMO:

- Developers -> write patches and give the opinion about patches.
- Commiter -> upload the patches that the developers accepts.

IMO, in a democratic idea, the commiter only upload patches. The
decission is done by the developers. Of course, the commiter probably is
a developer and can give the oppinion, but is only one developer more.

See this image about code review (gerrit)

http://aniszczyk.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/gerrit.png

The people can vote the patches.

> Let me ask you. From the past couple of years of development what would
> _you_ have done differently? How many patches of disagreement are motivating
> you to create a fork?

I don't want to create a fork, but I cannot accept that only you take
the decissions about my work. I can accept that my patches won't be
uploaded if the developer team say no, but not only you, because is my
hobbie time.