Here is the table of contents of the CAA.
As you can see there are no provisions in the Act to address CO2.
The Act needs to be amended and that will take an act of congress.

This is the reason why Obama asked the States, because the Federal
government can't handle the job.

Table of Contents
Title I - Air Pollution Prevention and Control
Part A - Air Quality and Emission Limitations (CAA § 101-131; USC §
7401-7431 )
Part B - Ozone Protection (replaced by Title VI)
Part C - Prevention of Significant Deterioration of Air Quality (CAA §
160-169b; USC § 7470-7492)
Part D - Plan Requirements for Nonattainment Areas (CAA § 171-193; USC
§ 7501-7515)
Title II - Emission Standards for Moving Sources
Part A - Motor Vehicle Emission and Fuel Standards (CAA § 201-219; USC
§ 7521-7554)
Part B - Aircraft Emission Standards (CAA § 231-234; USC § 7571-7574)
Part C - Clean Fuel Vehicles (CAA § 241-250; USC § 7581-7590)
Title III - General (CAA § 301-328; USC § 7601-7627)
Title IV - Acid Deposition Control (CAA § 401-416; USC § 7651-7651o)
Title V - Permits (CAA § 501-507; USC § 7661-7661f )
Title VI - Stratospheric Ozone Protection (CAA § 601-618; USC §
7671-7671q )