Supreme Court Clears the Air on CO2 Regulation
By Leo P. Dombrowski

On April 2, 2007 the U.S. Supreme Court ruled 5-4 that the
Environmental Protection Agency (“EPA”) has the authority to regulate
greenhouse gas (“GHG”) emissions from motor vehicles as “air
pollutants” under the Clean Air Act. Although the court left open the
possibility that the EPA might decline to exercise its authority to
regulate, given the sweeping nature of the court’s opinion and the
EPA’s past statements about global warming, it appears almost certain
that the agency will have to begin the rulemaking process.

http://www.wildman.com/bulletin/April_2007/1/