Ben, I totally agree, there's so much that can be done either using some
Apache rewrite magic - %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} + Regular Expressions = powerful
client detection or even just with some embedded PHP code or similar so that
different pages and/or sections of pages can be pulled in as required.

There are some totally amazing things that can be done with Apache if start
playing with content negotiation, authorisation and access control and
rewrite rules etc - it's a real eye opener and a whole new world of goodness
:)

Best to all,

Beau