-----Original Message-----
From: Taco Fleur [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<snipped>
> Why do so many designers still use and code for browsers
> that are not within the top highest browser market share?
> Isn't it time to say, "we now know what the users use"
> (even though we don't agree with what they use) and completely
> forget about the rest?

Unfortunately, while we do vaguely know what *most* of the
users use right now, we don't know at any point, for any
particular site, what those *specific* users are browsing with,
and what they will be browsing with in the future.

Although in some circumstances, like a locked in intranet with
a known browser / os combination, it can be more cost effective
to focus on only that combination.

Mathew.