True, Firebird can tend to load pages slower. It is because Firebird loads one image at a time whereas IE will load 4 or 5 at once. There is a way around this

See "Speed up page rendering" and "Pipelining" -- if you implement those into your Firebird installation, it should narrow that load lag by a few seconds.
http://www.texturizer.net/firebird/tips.html#oth_rendering

Also, nobody's mentioned it yet, so I guess I'll go ahead and beat Mr. Russ to a link for this week: http://www.texturizer.net/firebird
"Firebird 0.8 is due out for release this Monday"

Chris Stratford wrote:

I do use them both...
I have both open now, and always.

Just that CrazyBrowser seems a lot faster loading etc... and its got a
nice small interface, where Firebirds tabs are huge which reduce screen
size...
I am only running this at 1400x1050 resolution, so height is important,
and firebird has a huge menu and a lot of crap... then the task bar -
about 1/7th the screen is gone, where as in CB its only about 1/10th is
taken up...

Maybe someone here feels the same way about firebird? (on both I have
the address bar and Links bar visible (they have all my links I need in
them)

Chris Stratford
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.neester.com