From: scott parsons [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2004 11:15 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Opening pages in new windows... was Re: [WSG] XHTML (OT??)

Chris, This might be a moment where you should consider the advice and
experience of a bunch of people who have been doing this for a number of

years.

Also in many cases have actually tested the concept in live user
testing...
as a general rule opening a new window actually confuses and annoys more

users than it helps.

The only time that it scored as a good thing is when your user was
logged into a site and leaving it meant having to log back in on return
(example being webmail). Even then the factor was closer than you might
think.