Brian Grimmer posted --
>Personally, though I prefer the idea of a forum, the biggest issue I have
>with an e-mail list is the twits that do not know how to set up an
>auto-responder properly.
I also prefer the idea of a forum instead of such a high volume list. I don't have time to check this list daily, and because of this often find that I've received 170+ emails from this list in a matter of a couple of days. Quite often the majority of that is people asking for help, which is fine, in fact it's great that ppl want to extend their knowledge, but it creates a massive amount of posts and replies that the majority *probably* aren't interested in. Moving the list to a forum would allow members who are only interested in the more theoretical discussions and discussions about furthering the cause of web standards to view only that part of the forum and not have to wade through pages of "Does this work?" posts.
Personally, I joined this list in the hope of reading and participating in more theoretical discussion. It's not that I don't want to help people, i do, but I already do enough of that at codingforums.com...
Peter, Russ, please don't take this as another whinge, it is merely a little bit of observation thrown in with a hell of a lot of opinion.

Andrew Krespanis.

What's your house worth? Click here to find out: http://www.ninemsn.realestate.com.au