On Thursday, June 24, 2004, at 09:31 PM, John Penlington wrote:

No problem getting the thumbnail-caption combinations to display using left floated divs - thanks to Russ Weakley's float tutorials.

But I just cannot find the way to get these thumbnail-caption combinations to align at the *bottom* - rather than the top where they are now.

I'm with you, mate - I'd love to know how to do this without the need for additional css for each and every thumbnail. I've researched this myself, and as far as I could determine, the (only?) way to bottom-align a row of floated divs is to declare the height of the divs for the tallest img, and then add padding-top to *each* img to force the alignment to the bottom. Clumsy, and a pain to update. Much as I hate it, I've yet to find a way to quickly and cleanly align a grid of thumbs as I can using table cells.

You might like to check out the threads 'IE Max-width Emulation and Auto Centre' and 'Centering a liquid grid of image thumbs and captions' from the first week of June - this issue was discussed at some length (although maybe not bottom-alignment...)

Nick
Omnivision. Websight.
http://www.omnivision.com.au/