From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of John Penlington
Sent: Friday, 25 June 2004 2:25 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [WSG] Problem with floated divs in gallery site

Hi all again!

RE: My problem with floated divs in gallery site - and trying to get those
thumbnail images to align at the bottom.

I've solved the problem - in two ways - and thanks for those suggestions.
You'll find the result at:
http://www.bluemountainsgardener.info/fgtest/max_miller_solved.asp

It shows both solutions - the first using divs and the second using a CSS
table.  Both are on the same page with CSS embedded.
The results look exactly the same in IE6, Mozilla 1.5 and Opera 7.23 I'm
keeping my fingers crossed for Apple Mac browsers !!

For the "div" version, I used program code (ASP) to subtract each
thumbnail's height from 100 (the maximum height of any thumbnail) and made
that the value for *padding-top* as an inline style for the img tag.

As each thumbnail is a live link to a bigger image on a different page, I
ended up having to add a*border='0'* attribute to the image tag to get rid
of the link-induced border around the image plus the padding. This was
sloppy coding, I know, but it was so late at night!!

[snip]