Lachlan

I use links relative to the root directory everywhere for example:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="print" href="/print.css"/>
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico" />

<ul>
</ul>

etc

If you use a <base> tag than you cant run a local mirror of sites for testing. Eg: I run Apache/PHP/MySQL etc on my pc to make sure everything is running fine before I upload to the clients FTP server

--
Neerav Bhatt
http://www.bhatt.id.au

http://www.bhatt.id.au/blog/ - Ramblings Thoughts
http://www.bookcrossing.com/mybookshelf/neerav

Lachlan Hardy wrote:
Lee Roberts wrote:

That is what I use. Of course the directories and filenames are different, but you get the idea.

I often just use a <base> tag.
http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_base.asp

Although, I very rarely see other people use it. Since it has come up, why don't folks use this tag?

Cheers,
Lachlan