Title: RE: [WSG] Is XHTML harmful?

&

>> Pete, I'm assuming from your comments that you aim for valid code by
changing institutional practices rather than programmatically?

Agreed on both.

The reality in big organisations is developers have a long list of things to do and correcting code that may not be causing a problem for the business right now, today, in $ terms, usually doesn't get a high priority on that list. and pages consequently sit there, invalid.

Of course its the purpose of this list and all of us on it to re/educate people/clients, highlight the benefits, & reverse that practice so we get this thing right.

pete