Hi,

So I should simply use the "traditional"

<hn>blah</hn>

mark-up for my purposes?

On Monday, November 29, 2004, at 03:03 PM, Terrence Wood wrote:

yes, it is appropriate for a list of articles (but again, not the article itself)... I think we're in agreement on that.

Terrence Wood.

On 2004-11-30 11:34 AM, Roger Johansson wrote:
On 29 nov 2004, at 22.58, Terrence Wood wrote:

While we can argue that the date, author and article name may well be a list of meta-data for a news article the content is not... the article is the data. I think the concept of a news article is a well established one that doesn't need to be abstracted to such degree in markup. It's unneccessarily pedantic IMHO.
For the full article, I agree. But what about a sidebar that shows excerpts from several news articles, along with their title, date, and a link to the full article? Wouldn't that be an appropriate use of a definition list?
/Roger
--
http://www.456bereastreet.com/

"You know you've achieved perfection in design, not when you have nothing more to add, but when you have nothing more to take away." -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Knowing is not enough, you must apply;
willing is not enough, you must do."
                                        ---Bruce Lee