Ian Fenn wrote:

Thanks for that, Douglas. Unfortunately my client has accessibility
guidelines that insist the pages are built in XHTML Strict.

So what do they believe the accessibility advantages of XHTML Strict are? As far as I'm aware valid and semantically correct HTML is just as accessible as XHTML strict. And I'm guessing they probably aren't serving their pages up as XML so strictly speaking they are serving their pages up as HTML anyway.

This kind of pettiness and misunderstanding of accessibility really gets my goat.

It's a damn shame if you ask me ;-)

Andy Budd

http://www.message.uk.com/

p.s. no real goats were harmed in this email